Welcome to Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battleground idiots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bitesized

Bitesized

Battleground idiots Empty
PostSubject: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:44 pm

I read this post on wow forums and it summed up my last week off battlegrounds Razz

Full post is from a warlock guide to pvp, which I also thought was a good read
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15657787949&sid=1

Brighteyes of Uldum says:
Since the last couple of posts kind of brought it up I'll take a stab at it: Idiots in the battleground.

There are two immutable truths of BG's. One is that is you are going to deal with idiots. Idiots come in many forms: the AFK guys, road warriors, WSG circle jerkers, General Patton, Mr. We Suck, Mr. Hurry Up And Lose, my personal favorite (the hold 2 and get the flag EoTS guy), and plenty more.

NOTE: I am not talking about Noobs. Newer players are something else entirely.

The second truth is that you can't make lemonaid out of idiots.

In other words, nothing you can do in that 20 minutes will, ever, get them to change. The genius with 3,000 HK's who argues with you in EoTS about running flags will not be convinced. The guys in the middle of WSG won't leave. The guys who don't watch the flag in AB won't suddenly learn to watch the flag thanks to your guidance. They are a giant frickin' tidal wave of stupidity that you can't stop. That leaves you with only a few choices.

1) You can AFK. I used to have a stigma about this because of all that went on in the HWL days but now it's a viable strategy as far as I'm concerned. 15 minutes is a small penalty for peace of mind and I don't feel at all guilty about leaving a group of idiots. People trying to win who are just outgeared is an entirely different matter.

2) You can /ignore them. Yes, it works cross realm and cross-faction. Blessed peace be with you.
(Dusk's note: You have to type out the full name plus server when /ignoring cross-server, so /ignore Youguyssuck-Dragonblight. Or just right-click on his name in the chat window and select "ignore", works much better.)

3) You can rant and rave in raid chat. The irony about this is that most people in the BG won't have any more of a clue than the idiot so he might very well win the argument, "gosh, Bliz wouldn't put the flag in the middle of EoTS if it wasn't important".

4) If you can't beat them, join them. Sometimes, it's better to work together doing something stupid than work alone doing the right thing. If your team is gonna run flags in EoTS you've got two options, sit back and let the other team get that 3rd tower so they learn a lesson or join in and help them win by doing number 5.

5) Cover for the idiots. This works particularly well in AB. Basically you position yourself in-between nodes (the center of the triangle if you have it), watch nodes and respond to calls. If you do this well and get a sense of the BG you can literally single-handedly win games. AB is such that losing one node because some guy ran off can be the difference between a win or a loss. If you chose this option your job is to prevent that from happening.

Finally, there are gonna be games that you simply will not win. Sometimes you just get a bad draw and are massively outgeared. It doesn't mean you suck it just means that in WOW gear does equal some degree of skill.
Back to top Go down
Azraell
Admin
Azraell

PostSubject: Re: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:25 am

LOL COOL stuff !!! Smile I think am General patton type lol
Back to top Go down
http://archangels.omgforum.net
Pan

Pan

PostSubject: Re: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Look what we got here.. A BIBEL OF BG!! And I need it big time!! Very interesting stuff!! I will be using this page a lot Smile Thanks a lot Bite!!

Huuuug
Back to top Go down
whoopdidoo

PostSubject: Re: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:45 am

interesting ) tnx bitesized ))
Back to top Go down
whoopdidoo

PostSubject: Re: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:41 pm

so much info. still reading here ). I am starting not to like the guy who make this warlock guide tho Wink Still very usefull info in there Smile

"For example, as Horde, you start off in EotS by rushing MT. You're by yourself, because it takes everyone else 30 seconds to finish capping FR, and to figure out where you're going. Meanwhile, you've looped around behind MT, and standing in a ditch, fully dotting EVERY ALLY THERE."

Means auto targeting like mad and “shoot” at them through mountains. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battleground idiots   Battleground idiots Empty

Back to top Go down

Battleground idiots
Page 1 of 1