Welcome to Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Couple of advices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azraell
Admin
Azraell

Couple of advices Empty
PostSubject: Couple of advices   Couple of advices EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Cranius, someone know him, someone dont. He is WoWaholic, making a lot of WoW machinimas. This guy plays from WOW start. Own his own blog, www.Cranius.com and he have some good ideas and informations there. And he is also PvP maniac. He figured out how to rock in PvP as a mage, and after few months of his playing WoW in year 2005 he posted about BGs. I just did read it and i have to say it contain the best knowledge for PvP noobs. Like "if u wanna do BGs, START TODAY!" otherwise u will sux. But here is whole his post. Enjoy it.

Cranius:

Carebear's Disease
If you're waiting for some magic day or some big event before you’ll start to engage in PvP, I predict that day will never come. This is a stereotype that I always encourage people in my guild to break, typically by *forcing* them to engage in PvP from the outset. In Asheron’s Call, the first thing we'd do with new recruits is make them suicide 20 times just to get over the fear of dying because so many people had a hang-up about death. It’s like having a fear of heights and tight-rope walking over the Grand Canyon: your fear prevents your success. In WoW, just as we did in AC, we have a rank system that encourages lowbies to engage in PvP from day 1 by doing things such as requiring they get a screenshot of themselves at the gates of Ogrimmar (the enemy capital city). We also have mandatory guild meetings after which we go on big raids together to initiate the new recruits and to gain experience in group combat. No, screenshots don’t prove anything. They are meant to get over the fear so that you’re a cool head with a cool hand in battle.

In my experience, here's why it works this way: You'll never be "done". When you're level 10, you think level 40 is the magic number. Then when you get to 40, you see everyone at level 60 and you say "I'll start at 60". When you get to 60, you start inspecting everyone else's gear and you feel woefully inadequate, and instead of PvPing, you start going on raid instances at every opportunity in search of that perfect epic item to complete your set which will never be complete. Then you’ll read about some new patch or expansion pack where they're going to add those "key" PvP components to the game, thus justifying your further prolonging of PvP encounters. Then when/if you finally get there: you’re level 60, you have all the epic items you need, you’ve perfected your talent tree (or so you think), you find that the people that have been PvPing since level 1 now have months (or years) of experience and you'll *never* catch up, try as you might. You'll languish in mediocrity because all your hard work was so easily defeated by some level 57 in crappy gear and who seems like they “must be cheating” because they're so good, when in actuality they’re just good because they’ve been doing it forever.

Then you decide to focus 100% on dueling to improve your PvP skill. This is another trap people fall into. Dueling isn’t PvP. Ok *technically* it is Player-vs-Player, but it’s not true PvP. In true PvP, you can’t ask your opponent to wait 5 minutes while all your talent specials cool down. You don’t get even odds. In fact, the best PvPers can take on multiple opponents seemingly their level, but lacking in true PvP skill because they don’t have a clue. It’s like Michael Jordan taking on the local high school basketball team. He’s not cheating. He’s just very good.

I know... sounds harsh, but it's true. You see, PvP is first a state of mind, followed by physical preparation. You cannot achieve these by completing any quest. You can’t buy PvP skills on eBay. In the heat of battle, you’ll hit the wrong key because your hands are shaking (literally) and your spell tabs haven’t been optimized for PvP. You’ll find that your talent tree is a steaming pile in a battle situation because you spent your talents on things that have absolutely no effect in PvP situations, and you thus find yet another excuse not to engage in PvP because you now have to save up enough gold to respec your talents.

*Sigh*… this is so predictable, it’s not even funny any more.

So what’s the cure to “Carebear’s Disease”?

Your only hope is to start TODAY. It might not be too late. The uber PvPers only have several months' experience on you at this point, and if you're smart, competitive, and have good hand/eye coordination plus a knack for finding all those little tricks you need to know and learn, you just might be able to hold your own within a month or two (your mileage may vary). Spend ½ your time looking for a fight. Take on situations where you’re outnumbered and certain to lose, with the goal of learning something. This is crucial: learn something every time. Do post-mortem analysis. Record your fights with fraps (www.fraps.com) and review them later like watching football films on Monday morning after the big game. Read the forums and look for tips and tricks. Watch videos made by others, available at www.warcraftmovies.com.

As my grandfather used to say, "he who hesitates is lost".

“Reach for the sky, for tomorrow may never come”. – Social Distortion

Cranius End Smile

I didnt use records of ´BGs to help my ass out in PvP, but i guess its cool. If someone will try, let me know.

Azraell End Smile
Back to top Go down
http://archangels.omgforum.net
whoopdidoo

Couple of advices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of advices   Couple of advices EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:12 am

"Take on situations where you’re outnumbered and certain to lose, with the goal of learning something. This is crucial: learn something every time. Do post-mortem analysis."

He is so right here. Dieing has tought me a lot and will do, i'm sure, in the future

I think one of the most important aspect of team pvp is to live by the rule one for all, all for one bounce Always try to save ur comrads, even when u maybe even face certain death. A glorious death is better than to live in shame.

Also talking about our classes/characters and what we do in pvp situations will help us understand other classes better. I think its crucial to know the other classes in order to stand ur ground in fight. I will, not now cuz it kinda late and i just got off work Very Happy, but in the future, describe my character, class and strategies here for u to see. Maybe other warriors can even give me some tips on how to improve Jedi. If a lot of people of different classes do this, and dont hold any knowledge back Wink we are sure to improve our personal and team pvp skills.
When we know each other's classes rly good our duels, 2vs2, 3vs3 xvsx also our fights within guild will be much more interesting and more like fighting well skilled horde teams. Horde will know our classes in arena for sure bom An idea @ Az is to make events where we can fight like this. in arena's like gurubashi u can just go in diff groups jump on floor and go 4 it Smile. If we dont have enough people for this an idea is to maybe organise a guild vs. guild fight , just thinkin out loud Neutral

Another thing @ Az and Sho. u think I have carebear's desease? lol!

"Carebear's Disease
If you're waiting for some magic day or some big event before you’ll start to engage in PvP, I predict that day will never come. This is a stereotype that I always encourage people in my guild to break, typically by *forcing* them to engage in PvP from the outset. In Asheron’s Call, the first thing we'd do with new recruits is make them suicide 20 times just to get over the fear of dying because so many people had a hang-up about death."

But remember

DEATH or GLORY sparta

Well guys, tnx for your time im off affraid
Back to top Go down
Sholotl

Sholotl

Couple of advices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of advices   Couple of advices EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:52 am

well, Whoopy, "Carebear's Disease" is my trouble, not yours at all) i hate to die and try to avoid it, u know
anyway itsgreat idea about Gurubashi, cos duels is not enough to improve our pvp skill i think. We still dont know abylityes ofour enemys, thats why we are easy meat for our little german friends. We become much stronger soon, for sure, but need to work on it. Gurubashi is perfect to work on our tactic and team effort. I think we can create guild event and ask some our friends tojoin it, cos we havent few classes in Heaven with which we need to learn how to fight against them - i mean mages(frost especially), muti and combat rogues, shamans in all specs, warlocks, etc. As i see we have a lot of troubles coz of our bad coordination on bg's. Look,we rock when we work as a team, like it was on 59 and 69 lvls.
So im vote for Gurubashi. just need to find time when most part of us wilbe online and ready for it.
Back to top Go down
Azraell
Admin
Azraell

Couple of advices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of advices   Couple of advices EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:16 pm

/salute Whoop /salute Sho Expect some Gurubashi or another PvP event soon Mad
Back to top Go down
http://archangels.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

Couple of advices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of advices   Couple of advices Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple of advices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Heaven :: Im gonna KICK your ASS !!!-
Jump to: